Home Extensions have become an increasingly popular choice for homeowners who prefer to stay in their location while needing more space. It’s a very cost-effective option suited to changes in lifestyle such as:
- Growing young family or teenagers needing more space
- Multigenerational living with grandparents or caring for the elderly
- Home office or running a business from home
- Extra room for boarders or entertaining guests
- Wanting to alter an older style floor plan to create more spacious modern areas
The advantage to having a Home Extension extends beyond cost-effectiveness. This option allows homeowners to stay in their current home without the headache of relocating or selling. Other benefits include:
- Growing the value of your property
- Expected increase in land value if you stay in a desirable neighbourhood
- Staying in the comfort of your own home
- No need to deal with packing, searching, or real-estate agents
- Savings of removal fees, agent commissions and extra expenses associated with moving/ selling
- Minimal disruption to your daily routine
SmartReno are specialists in Home Extensions when it comes to creating more space in your home. Whether it be replacing a wall with beams or completely altering the layout of your home to cater for the extension, the SmartReno team has the ability, knowledge, experience and understanding to design your home extension which not only will enhance the property both visually and practically, but will also create more usable and functional spaces to suit your specific needs.
SOLUTIONS WE PROVIDE
GROUND FLOOR EXTENSIONS
Ground Floor Extensions is a flexible and versatile option to add space to your existing home. This normally involves the least required alterations and is one of the most time efficient ways to extend your home on the same level.
This is best suited to a home with more land or backyard space that can be spared for the project. The extension can be added to the rear, side, or front of the home depending on the size and design of the property. Common extensions on existing levels include:
- Extra living room / rumpus room/
- Added bedroom including walk-in wardrobe and ensuite
- Extension of the rear area for entertainment space or extra kitchen
- Granny flat extensions with added facilities and/ or separate entry.
SECOND STOREY EXTENSIONS
For a property with less land space, or for homeowners looking to gain a view with a higher level, then a Second Storey Extension is a recommended choice. This also allows for an extension of an area as large as the existing home subject to design, without the loss of backyard area. Extensions for an extra level can include:
- Altering the lower floor for more living space while adding bedrooms above
- Adding a ‘second home’ on the higher floor with living room, kitchenette, bath and bedrooms
- Balcony for outdoor enjoyment and views
- Creating a ‘parents/ teens’ retreat, or designated guest quarters
LIFT AND BUILD UNDER
This type of Extension requires the home to be lifted and built under, and is a suitable choice for Queenslander homes that are commonly found in the Brisbane and surrounding areas. Lift & Build Under Extensions is relatively more complicated than ground floor and second storey extensions, however, with professional planning and engineering, the result is a beautifully enhanced character home with significant benefits such as:
- Restore and keeping the existing charm, character and layout of the Queenslander home
- Lifted home allows for better view and circulation especially on sloping sites
- Extra living space on the lower level with flexible design options
- Or use lower level as a garage, undercover parking, laundry, or storage
No matter which type of Home Extension you prefer, SmartReno will ensure that the Home Extension will be compatible with the design and style of your existing home to avoid the unsightly ‘add-on’ look. Your Home Extension will be professionally and specifically designed to blend with and balance the overall appearance of your home, it will look as though it’s always been there!
RENOVATE or REBUILD
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU DO ANY MAJOR EXTENSION
Want to know more?
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT, HERE’S WHAT OTHERS SAY
WE’VE GOT THIS
We can guarantee availability to answer any questions, flexibility throughout design and construction to accommodate your needs, and finishing your project within promised timeframes. We achieve these by minimising the number of projects that we do in a year.